The August EyeOpener
Click here to download a PDF file of the church newsletter.
New Worship Time
Starting Sunday, June 3rd, Worship at Our Savior's Lutheran will begin at 9:30.
Becca (Birk) Nissila Benefit
Saturday, August 11, 2018
8:30am to noon
Loon Lake Community Center Palo
Gift Baskets and Silent Auction
Monetary donations may be mailed to:
PO Box 297
Aurora, MN 55705
WELCA Fall Gathering Planning Meeting
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
First Lutheran Church
2201 Third Avenue E
Hibbing, MN 55746
9:30-10:00 - Coffee and Registration
10:00 - Noon - Planning Session
Lunch 'n' Chat
You are invited to participate in the Planning Session
for the Laurentian Conference Fall Gathering.
Come with ideas for a "Theme".
Come with ideas for speakers.
Bring your Bible. Bring a Friend.
Please let Our Saviors, Hibbing know by Sunday, August 12 how many to expect for lunch from your Church by calling the Church Office: 218-263-8388
Mission Kits & Quilting
In 2017-18 the Quilters donated 21 quilts, 21 School Kits and 6 Personal Care Kits to Lutheran World Relief. “GIVE ME WINGS” donations totaled $180 and goes to the LWR Quilt/Kit Shipping Fund.
THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR VERY GENEROUS SUPPORT OF THESE PROJECTS!!
Please remember us over the summer months. We take donations of fabric, sheets and blankets (new or used ) for fill.
Rippers, Strippers, and Rollers
Global Health Ministries or even better Known as "bandage Rollers", after another good year, we took the summer off.
June 4, 5 & 6 Linda and I went to the summer WELCA Gathering at Sugar Hills. We had a presentation as we`ve done in the past, plus we did a "hands on" Workshop.
On Sept. 17th we will have a special "mission day". Watch Sunday bulletins, and announcements for more details. Our special guest will be Kim Dickey from Global Ministries. For this special mission day we are also inviting members from Faith and St. Mark`s. Men and Women are invited It will be a parish invitation.
We will return to our regular schedule on September 4th, 8:30-noon, Come and bring a friend.
Going to Garage Sales this summer? Look for large (clean) suitcases, around 62", Global Health Ministries would like them.
Summer Camp Update
This year we sent 11 of our kids to camp, 8 kids to Camp Vermilion and 3 kids to Camp Hiawatha, the kids experienced great opportunities for Christ-centered spiritual growth, leadership development, outreach and the simple pleasures of good old fun, all in "God's Great Northwood's." The kids parents paid 55% of the cost and the remaining 45% came from our members and the funds raised by the 4th of July Food stand.
"We are so happy and proud that our church family supports our kids in this experience and gives them the opportunity to grow in their faith."
God is good all the time, all the time God is Good!
Last Updated 8/2/18